When you are an Internet business owner finding a good quality web host to host your website can be a time confusing and tedious task. You definitely want the best quality hosting company that has the ability to provide you with the best services available. Therefore since there are so many various web hosting companies available on the net today you need to be able to distinguish the good ones from the bad ones. There are generally five unique traits that makes up a quality web hosting company. If you happen to find a web host company that contains all five of these traits you will have a very satisfying experience with the company as a whole.
1. Customer Service and Technical Support
- The most important and number one trait of a great webhosting company is their customer service and their technical support. The more qualified web host sites will provide you with excellent customer service and support. They should also be a company that offers their technical support 24 hours a day so that if you have a problem in the middle of the night help is only a click away. Do not just assume a company is required to supply these two traits because sometimes they claim to but you may soon find out that they really don’t. Check for customer reviews and ratings to discover the actual truth about the customer and technical support because they will be the ones that will tell you the absolute truth. Prior customer experiences will give you an accurate picture of the web host company as a whole for quality and service.
2. What can they offer you
- You need to also check out what the web host company can offer you as a whole. You need to be sure that you choose a company that offers several different packages that have different ranges of storage capacity and bandwidth. You will need to also be sure that you have the option to upgrade this storage and bandwidth as your site grows. A good quality hosting company will provide you with more than adequate bandwidth which will provide you with a fast loading site which is great when you are trying to attract customers to your site.
3. Uptime percentages
- Another good trait that a quality web hosting company is the guarantee that your site will be up more than it will be down. This is important because your site will always need to be available to your customers. If your site is constantly down you will lose visitors as well as revenue. A quality web host will offer you a 99.99 percent up time guarantee. In order for you to verify their guarantee you can visit other online sites that are hosted by the company that you are considering.
4. Easy to use
- Let’s face it, who has time in today’s world to sit down and figure out a confusing and hard to use internet site. You need to be sure that the web host company offers user-friendly tools that you can use to maintain as well as design your site. Another good thing to look for is a company that offers easy access to E-Commerce tools as well.
5. FTP and Email Access
- Both File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Email access are required for any webmaster. You need to find a hosting plan that offers your required amount of FTP and email users.
These traits are very important to look for in any Web Hosting company. If you do not find any of these traits in the company you are considering you will need to turn your focus to another company.